Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Baltimore High School Students of Maryland
A company must use the right tools and methods to remain relevant and offer the best products or services. LSS is valued by all companies, regardless of industry or specialization, as it can be adapted to their needs and goals. It has been proven to be a powerful tool that can improve any process or system, not only those in manufacturing, as many thought in prior years. Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Baltimore High School Students of Maryland can help you implement this methodology in your business or inculcate it in schools and workplaces for all students and employees. It is our concern to teach it to students and business professionals so that they can add value and become the practitioners that all institutions and companies need.
Lean 6 Sigma is not a new concept. It has been widely used since its inception in the late 1980s, and it is efficient in today’s business environment; it can be easily integrated into daily life and projects.
LSS is a process improvement methodology that eliminates waste and variations. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can do with it.
Even though you understand the basics of LSS, it will be difficult to use if you don’t know the practical aspect of it. Understanding how LSS should be implemented and how it should work requires a lot of practice and learning about goals, needs, and what the project requires.
Let’s say process improvement is the main goal. However, in order to achieve it, companies must work on other goals that lead to it, such as measuring current processes and eliminating waste. They also need to focus on customer satisfaction while aiming for what is truly necessary.
Six Sigma is a highly effective but difficult-to-implement process in a business, and when you translate this to utilizing it in your daily projects or activities, you can understand the difficulty when “customizing” the steps.
If you’re a company or an organization, you need to ensure that you have qualified and reliable employees. You can train your employees in it, which is highly recommended as you can build a team capable of creating change and improvement.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Baltimore’s goal is to make it easy for you to train your staff. We help professionals and students to gain the knowledge and skills they need to improve their curriculums and use LSS in all their jobs and tasks.
What can we do? These are the services we offer:
- Training in Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- LSS for High Schools.
- LSS for community college.
- Additional Leadership Excellence and Innovation Consulting.
How Was Lean Six Sigma Created?
LSS has been around since the late 80s, as we already mentioned, but most people miss the fact that it has been around for so long since it was mostly used for manufacturing in its early years.
To set the record straight, it is a blend of Six Sigma and Lean methods, and it was designed to be comparable to the Japanese Kaizen process for improving performance.
LSS is a combination of the two other methodologies, so how can you decide which one to choose? This is a valid question, considering both Six Sigma and Lean can be implemented individually; the problem is that they aren’t as comprehensive as LSS.
Understanding Six Sigma and Lean’s elements and principles are crucial to creating the most effective and relevant process improvement method. But LSS also has more principles and goals than the other two. This is because it combines the best of both but also fills in the gaps to achieve better results.
To fully understand Lean Six Sigma’s point, however, we must answer these two questions:
- What is Lean?
- What is Six Sigma?
Lean, the first, is a method that aims to reduce waste and increase productivity. This methodology and its principles can only be used by companies that understand their processes and are able to predict the future based on data collected and analyzed by experts.
What does Lean refer to as “waste” when trying to eliminate or reduce it? Any element, talent, or material that causes delays, lowers efficiency, and increases production costs can be called waste.
There are eight types of waste that companies must manage. Overproduction, defective transport, waiting, unutilized talent, and delaying are the main five. The same types of waste can be identified in your own processes.
What happens when Lean is primarily focused on waste? People forget about variations.
Six Sigma offers tools and principles that reduce variation. It can help businesses get the products and services they desire for their clients. Students and professionals can also use it to reduce delays, and they can achieve the results they desire and need quickly and efficiently.
This requires that you identify and address root causes. Problem-solving is the key focus when it comes to 6 Sigma, and it is needed in all stages of your cycle.
6 Sigma allows companies to eliminate variations by following the DMAIC method: Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control.
Lean Six Sigma uses the entire DMAIC structure for the best results. However, before you move to it, you should know that 6 Sigma adds some principles to its contribution:
- Concentrate on the customer/client and work hard.
- Find the problem and then look for a solution.
- Reduce bottlenecks, and eliminate variations.
- Engagement can be improved for employees.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential to the success of a company.
LSS and its integration can be best described as a matter of flow and circumstance and not trying to make a strategy for all your projects and processes. It is up to you to decide whether additional practices, resources, or methods are required for implementation.
This will help you understand LSS’s origins and the main methods it combines:
- It is important to incorporate lean principles and goals.
- Take into account the Six Sigma goals and adapt its tools.
- It was influenced by Kaizen. LSS can be used to address the need for competition, and it even adapts other Japanese methods that focus on continuous improvement.
This will result in a method that not only focuses on the above but also incorporates the most important aspects of efficiency and results for all practitioners.
Why Do You Need Lean Six Sigma?
This is the most common question clients ask when considering our services.
We encourage you to ask questions and share your concerns, and we will help you understand why LSS is the best choice.
We remind you that LSS is available for all of these parties:
- A company or business.
- An individual who wants to advance their career and learn valuable skills.
LSS for businesses and companies is all about improving processes and making them more efficient, as we have already discussed.
LSS may seem redundant when there are many other methods, such as Six Sigma and Lean, but once you look at the benefits, you will see why it is better for you to use one methodology.
- Lean Six Sigma can be used to help you reach both short-term and long-term goals.
- It is cheaper and takes less time to find the right people.
- It helps you solve problems and meet other company needs.
- This will help you to create a culture of continuous improvement for your future success.
- It’s available to all companies, regardless of their size. New industries, such as healthcare, are also using it.
What about those who want to train for personal use?
You can improve your chances of success at college or work if you are keen to learn it.
LSS will be integrated into companies and businesses. However, there are many other ways you can use it. Experts must have the right skills and knowledge to use LSS in their daily lives and professional careers, regardless of their field.
These are the main benefits so you know what you can expect:
- There are many college and career options.
- You will have better job prospects.
- Your expertise can be used by any industry or company.
- Learn how to manage projects and teams.
- Learn how to work well under pressure.
- This course will give you hands-on experience with quality management.
- Your curriculum will be improved.
- This method can help you to build a career.
- Complementary training is a great way to learn new skills and improve your existing skills at the company or job you are interested in.
- Opt for higher salaries.
LSS Help is Available
Based on your goals and needs, we can help you choose the right training level or belt. This will enable you to reach all your professional and personal goals without having to compromise your time or budget.
We can provide LSS training for your employees based on your requirements and wishes. The practice is also beneficial for students in high school or college. Schools can either create a program themselves or request it from their individuals/students who are interested in it.
One thing is necessary: the client must choose a belt level in which to train. These are the highest-level belts in which we train all students, professionals, and clients:
- Yellow belt: This belt is focused on data collection, basic concepts, and principles. Learn the essential tools that will help you in small roles within LSS projects or companies focused on manufacturing.
- Green belt: Six Sigma tools, Lean Six Sigma principles, and Lean ideas. It is possible to learn how to use them and to receive advanced training in order to be able to work on large-scale projects. To be able to choose this belt, you must have been certified in the previous yellow belt.
Anyone who has been trained in any of these belts is qualified to fill the vacancies and apply for other positions based on the opportunities. One thing is missing, however: LSS Belt Certification.
The certification can be issued by our company, and this certification will be internationally recognized and add greater value to your curriculum.
More Than Lean 6 Sigma
Lean Six Sigma offers many benefits that can be used in your own way and not as part of an overall methodology.
But, you still need more than Sigma to ensure your success or that companies hire your assistance.
We are proud to offer Leadership Excellence as the main service. It is designed to help professionals and students lead teams of any size. They also acquire skills like collaboration and time management.
Many companies and individuals have benefited from our workshops and sessions in Innovation Consulting as well. They have been able to stay competitive in their industry and among their peers.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Baltimore can assist you in obtaining training and certification in everything you need, so make sure to contact us to request or learn more about our services.